This page updated: February, 2011
VR GIS Install
- Question: How to Install VR GIS?
- Make a directory and unzip the file in it. (C:\Program Files\vrgis is suggested)
- Make a Shortcut to vrgis.exe and Drag it into the Start/ Programs or your desktop to enable easily starting vrgis.
- The first time VR GIS is run, go to the Program Options and set options as you desire... of course these can be changed at any time.
- Read the vrgis_drones.html for instructions on installation and operation of the VR GIS subsidiary programs. The Drones.zip file should be placed in a folder you create on your data drive. This will enable easily moving the folder to another area-directory-disk-computer. These programs are normally run-activated from other computers.
- Double Click InstallBde.bat if you Do NOT have Borland BDE installed (or just try using VR GIS programs... they will complain or crash if you need the Borland Database Engine (BDE)).
- What files are installed?
- Besides the program and its files installed in the program directory this program can install the Borland BDE database files required to process database activities.
- The Drones.zip file contains VrRcDrone. The Drones src.zip file contains source code to VrTaskDrone application and ___.dll files called by VrTaskDrone. The dll files are called by VrTaskDrone and should remain in its directory.
VR GIS To Do:
Copyright © 1991..2011 by Ivan Lee Herring