This page updated: February, 2011
- Question: How to Install VOICE?
- Answer... This program is in a zip file containing all files. Create a VOICE directory and place the zip file there, or if ILH is installed place all programs in that directory. Double click the file and un-zip the file. Create short-cut icons and place in your Start/Programs menu to start the program. Uninstall by deleting the VOICE program directory containing files that were created by the program during operation.
Vector Frequently Asked Questions
Try a 'real' dlg or .shp and if it crashes tell me the html page locating the shape file so i can test that .dlg or .shp file. Shape and dxf readers and writers have been rewritten and an internal .shp editor now exists
~ to 1.2 of May, 2001
- Question: Ver 1.0.0 Build 8, Windows version 4 NT
An error was detected when trying to fetch registration info.
- Answer... I do not have any NT version
?16 bit Dll's?
?Improper Installation - registration of dll?
Winsite has a different version (does not register the Dlls so it might work better) than ZDnet
Answer: delete the voice.pof file (Program Options File) in the VOICE directory, Start the program and change the 'options' directories to a viable location.
- Question: When I tried to convert to a shape file the program froze during process and issued the following, i/o error 103.
- Answer... ?File not Open? The Import gets the incoming file and converts it to an outgoing file: it does Not store in memory so cannot import to 1 type (dxf) then save as another (shp). (just import it to each type file) .. dll not working?
?File location changed?
- Question: During dxf output the file process seemed to work but when I tried to call up the dxf file in autocad I got the following message:
error in Appid Table on line 24,Invalid dxf input.
- Answer... ?works in other cad programs (version 1.3 rewritten)
Vector To Do:
- VOICE needs development on: Subject Groups ?
All the USDA database sections:... reorganize and reindex...
attribute classification (Statistical Class range)
database display of the Linked database
selection of mapping attributes to compute database statistical maps... First a list of precomputedable maps... then field selection or what?
Calculate Bearing, Distance, Perimeter, Area, Volume
Legend, Grid, Source-Summary-such information, Map arrangement for printing
Resample- Thin data
Snap undershot, Trim overshoot
Convert Lines to Polygons on a different layer
Registration of Corners, Least Square bundles, or to current Layer
Map Projection conversion, Adjustments (+-*/ a value)
Import: ASCII XYZ, DLG SDTSS, DOT BTS, DXF, SHP 3D, TIGER(R), netCDF, CDF, HDF, and __??files.
This version DOES NOT convert dlg opt files to .dxf (line entities now, increased dxf later). This version DOES NOT export files to .dxf always correctly...
sdts files to .shp or .dxf. maybe in the future
a 2D-3D vector editor... SOS MAP not VOICE for 3D GL.
- Linkable Relational databases: How to store relation and index.
- Shape file links to external images, data, graphs, ____.
- Given a database select the X,Y,Z,M columns
- X,Y,Z locations into a database and .shp
- Database-Shape Topics
- List of Areas -> into Tree
- Open .shp and get extents
- Topic Layer - Object type - File Name - Path
- Locatable Viewer (No editing or attributes)
- figure out the user interface...
- Map base at World, US, States, County scales
- Topics: Boundaries, Road, Water, Cities, Names (Country, Ocean, land)
- Read and Save: eliminates bogus data
- Viewer Window with side-bar locators (current size within THIS extent) (World -or- area proportional to full layer extents) [Displays Scale of area and Location of area] [use to Zoom-Pan] [mini window for Script-Process-Info]
- Smooth out the user interface...
Copyright © 1991..2011 by Ivan Lee Herring