This page updated: February, 2011
Tracer Frequently Asked Questions
- Tracer™: A Digitizing program to trace maps or photos into data files using a digitizer puck while manipulating menus with the mouse and keyboarding attributes into a database. This program is designed for intermittent use gathering data, not to replace the mouse with a digitizer pad. The program access to the digitizer is directly through the serial port and does not use Wintab™ drivers.
These do... didger, digitize32.
- The program communicates through the serial port with the digitizer by sending/receiving bytes of information. The commands/information from/to the program/digitizer are sent using:
TCommPortDriver 2.1 component by Marco Cocco, [compliments to email@example.com], Copyright (c) 1996-2000(3) by Marco Cocco. All rights reseved. Copyright (c) 1996-2000 by d3k Software Company. All rights reserved. NO REPRESENTATIONS ARE MADE ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE FOR ANY PURPOSE. IT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. NEITHER MARCO COCCO OR D3K SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
Marco Cocco Source Forge page, the previous version of the component can be found (as of Dec02) at: Torry, and the link included with the software is no longer active. As of February 2011 ComPort Library version 4.10 (AKA Version 3.0) is at SourceForge by Dejan Crnila, maintained by Lars Dybdahl and Paul Doland; Brian Gochnauer.
- Digitizer Tablet Menu
- Use the 2 inches on the right for a Digitizer Tablet puck-activated menu selection : Suggestions for Menu items?
Tracer Menu.wpd 12" high x 2" wide, each item .25" high
Tracer Menu.htm not to scale (.pdf was off and 156k, so deleted it)
- To Do:Customizable Menu to allow selectable Commands to be activated
Tracer To Do:
- Dlg attributes form automagically do something
- figure out the user interface...
- DLG-SHP to do
- Extend the Attributes to allow digitizing for Flood Prediction .. Physical Modeling of Reality.
- Use .png files too
- add png files as a background file type
Copyright © 1991..2011 by Ivan Lee Herring
- ... Implement a new feature