[MOW 1.0 released at Winsite: December, 2004]
gone with the wind AFAIK
This page updated: February, 2011
This program probably requires Corel Paradox to edit and fix the database... initially.
This program will be released when the database can be emptied (at the touch of a button) without the program crashing on emptiness... never happened so I just manually emptied them... Good luck, it works once it gets going.
The FIRST thing to do is go to About[Config] and change the data for your Meals On Wheels area: 3 cities, 2 counties, and the names.
CAMOW is set up to receive meals from a hospital and deliver meals using volunteers from 13 area churches. There are 6 routes of 9 clients each [that many fit on a page easily.. no actual client limit]. Depending on desired situation the food source (hospital), driver source (13 churches), and the number of clients per route can be changed... a lot more difficult to increase the number of routes. Source code is included and probably required to actually set up and use this program. Corel® Paradox® would also probably be required initially, to edit and fix the database.
There are many (44) reports generated that track the meals, costs, route directions, and clients.
mowhowto.pdf : MOW general overview and How To instructions in pdf format... included as a zip file
Meals On Wheels (MOW)
- Work computes meals delivered to active clients
- Holiday computes meals delivered to clients desiring a meal on a Holiday (Thanksgiving and Christmas). A Clients form has a checkbox for Holiday meals... so clients do NOT have to be paused for that day... use the checkbox to identify delivery.
- New clients records are made
- Clients records and delivery instructions
- Maps to the clients houses (activates an External map program of your choice)
- Meals received and delivered
- Wheels of the delivery personnel
- Miles traveled in search of clients houses
- ATM All The Money: financial transactions
- Notes and reports
- Phone numbers of contacts, leaders of delivery personnel
- Dates of a simple calendar display
- About this program
- Help this program
- Exit this program
- Dates Fix: Create a list of the [All Caps] Capitalized Church names and compare to what is given [All Caps] to select the correct Church.
- Create a Weekly and Monthly Exact count of meals delivered... Requires last day Bill delivery, rather than sending an estimate..manually computed a few days prior.
Copyright© 1991..2011 by Ivan Lee Herring
- Client database tracking meal receipt, delivery, payment, and coordination of delivery personnel. (Not a GIS) Route finding is done manually, as no available program works. There are too many changes to the route and the waypoints (clients). It is easier to type in directions and locate the address on maps than to change the data. There is a button to activate whatever mapping program the user desires (DeLorme Street Atlas, etc...) to print out a map of the Route with Houses annotated. I guess if the MOW program was financially supported the delivery personnel could be given GPS devices and their Route electronically, but cut/pasting directions : Go 1.789 miles. Turn right. go 0.53 miles... just does not work. Automated directions do not take into account the need to drive the route so delivery is not across busy streets... the house must be on the same side of the street as the vehicle.