This page updated: February, 2011
GRIP ICE Frequently Asked Questions
- GRIP ICE™ : Geographic Raster Image Processor Investigate Classify Extract
Photography, Multispectral, Radar, and Global scale imagery consisting of columns and rows of Color pixels. A great (big too ~ 144 meg of pages and ~30.zipped..70 meg program and images) Remote Sensing Tutorial,
another Remote Sensing Tutorial, LandSat Documents, some satellite sites: LandSat, EarthSat,
Metsat images from DSRS, a TOPEX/POSEIDON adventure and the Landsat 7 Browser. LAS - "The Land Analysis System is an image processing, image analysis
and raster GIS system originally developed cooperatively by NASA's
Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) and the U.S. Geological Survey's
EROS Data Center" (EDC) LAS in Fortran and C .
GRIP ICE To Do:
- Register Image:
- Improve the user interface and Coordinate Conversion
- Principle Components Analysis (PCA):
- Improve the user interface...
- 3D Histogram:
- Plot a 3D Histogram and Information: Tongs and DTM do a 3D interactive RGB scatterplot...
- 32 bit GR graphics:
- Integrate the png and GR32 to allow 32 bit images: RGB + (Radar, Height, Overlay, ...)
- Raster Image File Set :
- Similar to a DTM HTF file this is a compressed raster image set of band data.
- # of bands determined in header
- Band Interleaved (BIL): Fast conversion into image pixels
- Band Sequential (BSQ): poor access... better compression?
- Delete it and provide the link to the program that actually works...
- Develop other classifications, Neural Net, etc...
- All the Extrapolate and Synthesize sections:
- Generalize procedures... all this used to be done, till moved elsewhere... reorganize and generalize
Copyright © 1991..2011 by Ivan Lee Herring